Thursday, February 5, 2015

Hip to be Square; Stately Edition

Image courtesy in part by nativegrillandwings.com
Why Colorado is Just… the Bestest!
Ok… this list could easily be a book.
No… an encyclopedia…
But for now, I’m going to keep it at 5.
5 reasons why Colorado is the Absolute Bestest!
                          








                  1. Because Nobody here is Lazy or Boring
              •Forget all you think you know about Colorado and legal weed. We’re not all stoners here. If you come to Colorado thinking that life is just one big black-lit basement, pass-the-dutchy chill-pit, you’ll be sorely disappointed. Most people in Colorado are active, intelligent, motivated, and creatively driven. The average Coloradoan loves the question “What do you do for fun?” because our answers are not only exciting and fun, but they also make us sound really cool.

                “For fun!? Oh I like to go camping and hiking.  I love to be outside! I write a lot. I’m working on like five writing projects all the time. I spend a lot of time hanging out with my dog, oh she’s adorable I’ll show you pictures in a minute. Let’s see, oh I volunteer with a boxer rescue! I have pics of that too! I like to watch sci-fi and I’m addicted to Vlogs like My Drunk Kitchen and Daily Grace. I cook a lot. I love cooking. I can make like… anything! I have pics. I like to visit microbreweries. I’m kind-of a craft beer enthusiast. Oh! And this Spring I’m going to get back into mountain biking! I know exactly which bike I want to get. Do you want to see pics?”

                Ok… maybe it makes us sound more obnoxious than cool, but the fact of the matter is that Colorado is full of interesting people who aspire to enjoy life while moving forward in a variety of different directions.
                You only wish your best friend was as cool as mine!

2.  Because we can take a mini-vacation like… whenever!
On the way back to the car from Ned.
photo circa May 2014
• For real! Sometimes when I’m just sort-of fed up with reality and Suburbia, I’ll pack up my Subi with my dog and a backpack full of water and snacks and head West until I see the lot for Barker Dam. It’s maybe an hour drive to get there (a very pretty drive too) before I take off on foot towards a little happy town called Ned. Yes… we have a town called Ned (Nederland for long). Ned is essentially a different universe altogether from where I live. I like to call it Little Hippy Town, USA.

This is just one example of a million mini-getaways you can experience in less than a day in Colorado. Stanley Hotel, anyone? We can go there for like... lunch.

3. Because Jerkhead Assholes Can’t Handle it Here
•Yea  ok… maybe this one is just a tad bit biased, but maybe not. People in Colorado tend to enjoy positivity and productivity. If you can’t take the heat of taking care of yourself and being good to others and good yourself, Colorado will help to push you in the direction to change all that for the better. If you still refuse to be a positively productive member of society, well…. bye Felicia!

           
                            4. Because this…

                

                  5. Because We see Obstacles as Positive Challenges
•Oh… pit-bulls are illegal in Denver? That's dumb. Let’s start a movement one town over and maybe we'll get the world excited about how adorable and awesome the breed is.
Breed them? Heeellll no! These are pound puppies. Is there any other way?
Oh look, he likes you! Do you want to take him home with you? He’s got mastiff/lab mix paperwork and he wants to keep your kitchen floor spotless furever.

•Rocky Mountain National Park is closed today? Well, then it’s the perfect day to go there! Mount Sherman is closed for the season? Well then, guess where I'll be climbing this weekend!? (< for the record, I don’t necessarily support this, but it’s a thing that people do here regardless. Hey, it’s rebellion in pursuit of exercise and fresh air. Just chillax and let people be awesome.)


•Why is weed illegal everywhere else? I don’t even smoke weed and I think it should be legal. Colorado don’t care. Colorado be like…
“Yea, it ain’t hurting anybody. Let’s just make it legal. Fuck rules. Taxes are awesome.”
Have you heard about our recent tax "problem" by the way? Yea, we have too much tax money. Too much tax money? Apparently that's a thing now and we invented it. 
It's pretty cut-and-dry. Colorado is fucking awesome.

photo circa January 2014
This is how we January!

No comments:

Post a Comment