Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Sorry/Not Sorry!

My mind is a swarming vortex of literary madness. If I don't type it out, my brain can and will implode upon itself. I was beamed into human utero from my home planet 29 years ago in order to confuse the world by writing weird shit on the internet.

The problem is that it hasn't always been clear to me what, how, or where I was supposed to do this.
•I got suspended in 8th Grade once for writing a dark, allegorical poem that was taken far too literally by school staff.
•One of my neighbors when I was in high school threatened to have me arrested for writing a blog post about how much I hated her, even though neither her name or he likeness was ever mentioned in the post.
•The only job I've ever truly been fired from was in college, when I wrote a scathing Yahoo Review of how I was sexually harassed by the kitchen staff, even though I myself chose to remain anonymous.
...I was a bit of a stupid kid sometimes...

Through and through these misadventures and countless others, I've lived and I've learned about what I've done right and what I've done wrong.
I've been burned and I've learned that it's often my own fault.
But... I've also gotten through to people who may have never given me a chance to speak otherwise.
The one thing that has never changed is my undying urge to express myself creatively and publicly through the Interwebs.

I don't think my mind works the same way that other people's minds do, but at the same time I'm sure your mind (you; the reader's mind) doesn't work the same way as the person's sitting next to you.
It's all relative. All of it. You might think you know, but you probably don't have any idea.

I see the world as a multiverse of inter-dimensional puzzle pieces begging to be put together in any number of geometric and non-geometric shapes and ideas, and I do this with words.

--

Monsters Made of Script
Psychobabble Unlimited
Diarrhea of the Keyboard

--What have you--

I've recently decided to switch gears in the Blogging World and blog as an Everygirl instead of the Twizted Palahniuk-Inspired Nutjob I've been writing as for the past year.
...Although that side of my brain will always remain a source of muse...

Batshit crazy
Weird, smart girl
Smart-ass extraordinaire
Whatever...
I don't have to give it a name. I'm just Sarah!

*Sorry/Not Sorry!*



No comments:

Post a Comment