Sunday, October 12, 2014

Take it Sleazy Robby

Back in the days (the rather recent days) when I wrote under the pen name SheDevil Psychobitch, I had some decent internet success. I pretend I don’t know why, but the truth is that I knew exactly why people were reading. ;)
Although, one of the popular reader avenues I hadn’t anticipated was people who had Googled the author, Robert Belland.
I stumbled upon Robert Belland’s work while I was perusing MJ’s book collection awhile back. Belland’s book, “Ignore and Score” peaked my interest because I feel that being ignored is one of the most awful feelings in the world.

I HATE being ignored!

The idea that some asshole would write a book about ignoring women in order to score with them really pissed me off.

What I found out was that Belland was clever to have entitled his book this way, as the content inside had nothing (at all) to do with ignoring women. Instead, Belland writes about how ignoring one's own personal insecurities and embracing any amount of confidence while remaining cool and collected (and not a conceited asshole) is what will ultimately help men to “get the girl”.
Not only that, but that all this is easy and can actually come naturally to anyone with some simple self-coaching.
See also:Robby's Blog



Being a lady, I find a lot of what Belland has to say a bit degrading. Although at the same time, as a blogger in the modern world, being slightly offensive is a big part of the game. No author has ever become successful without raising a few eyebrows, so party on Robby!

While I don’t agree with some of Belland’s dating tactics, I find myself referring to his advice often. I do this, not only to try and decode the behavior of men, but also to help myself to exude confidence.

When I’m out with friends, or on a date, or even if I’ve been seeing someone for awhile…
And something awkward happens…

Or I’m having a bad hair day…

Or a fat day…

Or the shirt I decided to wear totally smells like dirty dog and I didn’t even realize it until it was too late…

I’ll just ask myself…

What would Robby say?

More often than not, he’d tell me to “Take it sleazy and have fun”.

Awkward Limes + Elbow Grease = Kick-Ass Mojitos!
But also…
Awkward Limes + Confidence = Awesome Limes! 
Or... What Awkward Limes?

Robert Belland, you are a mad man. Keep it up, Man.

Life, the Universe, and the Pursuit of Happiness,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment